Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chatsworth, Tuesday June 19

Today was Chatsworth. We had another two hour train ride, but the best thing is that we don’t have to go on a long train ride again until we go to Paris. Yeah!! But seriously, Chatsworth was so awesome. We could actually take pictures inside. Maybe that’s why I liked it so much. We didn’t have a guided tour, so Lindsey, Kaari, Cassie, Chance and I walked through together with some funny old ladies. We were behind them for a while just laughing at everything they said, and then we talked to them. They became our little travel buddies, and we had some pretty good laughs. They are from Essex and they are best friends and it was so cute to see how close their friendship was. They are really old too, 85, 87, and 88. Meeting those ladies made my day.

Once again, I loved the gardens. They were beautiful. I think they were my favorite so far. There was a man made water fall thing that we got to play in. That was so great, I love water! There was also a section that looked like the mountains. It made me very homesick. I loved it though. There were rocks, huge rocks and dirt and trees and plants...everything you would expect if you were hiking in the canyon. We had a hay day. It was wonderful!

No comments: