Wednesday, June 6, 2007

London: Day One


YEAH!! We made it! The flight was long, but we all arrived in London alive this morning. We spent the day familiarizing ourselves with the city, and the money. The Tube is insane. It will take a while to get it down, but it makes traveling around town a lot easier and faster. Over all we had a good time on the Tube. I took a picture of a double decker bus in which I plan on riding sometime in the next 2 weeks. They are all over the place. On our walk to Buckingham Palace we went through a park that had HUGE trees. It was amazing, I don't think I've ever seen a tree as big as these. Also, while we were at Buckingham Palace, we saw the Queen leaving in her car and she waved at us! She was just in a normal car and had one other normal car following her. I thought she'd have more security or be in a limo, so I was surprised. It was an amazing day, however I can't wait to go to sleep!

No comments: