Friday, June 15, 2007

Wednesday, June 13th






What an adventure today was! I think it has been my favorite day of the whole trip. We went to Hardwick Hall, the old one that’s in ruins and also the new one. They were both pretty cool, but I didn’t like all of the tapestries on the wall in the new Hardwick Hall. When we were done there, we took the bus to Haddon Hall. I LOVED Haddon Hall. I honestly believe that it is the coolest thing I have seen in my entire life. Haddon Hall is the perfect example of what you think of when you think of a castle. It was stone and had turrets, and the huge arched wooden doors with iron hinges and handles. It was so perfect. I think Andie would really feel like a princess if she went here, I know I did. Another cool thing about Haddon…Princess Bride was filmed here in the courtyard. When Princess Buttercup is being presented to all of the people.

After the Haddon Hall tour was over we headed back to the train for our two hour train ride back to London. After being on the train for 2 hours and we weren’t about to stop and London wasn’t mentioned we wondered where we were. It turns out we got on the wrong train. We asked the people next to us where we were and when they found out we were trying to go to London, they just laughed and said, “We’re near Wales!” Our two hour train ride ended up being 5 hours! We made the best of it though. We actually enjoyed ourselves a lot. Holly, Cassie, Kaari, Lindsey and I played many games on the train and laughed at our mistake. That made our trip even more memorable! I never knew how much fun a misfortune could be.

No comments: