Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday in London

Today Lindsey, Chelsea, and I went to Leicester Square to use our laptops with the free wireless internet, but we never did get connected. Dang. But, there was a good side. The Odeon Theatre is on Leicester Square and tonight was the opening of Shrek 3. There happened to be a red carpet event going on. There were celebrities there and tons of people. I would have to say, that was well worth the trip. Very cool.

The rest of the day wasn't my favorite. We went to the Design Museum and the main exhibit we were going to see was under construction. That's too bad, but other than that, it was a cool museum, not exactly worth going to, but since we were there it was great. We also went to the Tate Modern art museum. I don't really like modern art, i think. It wasn't the coolest thing we've done. We saw a Monet painting, that was pretty cool.

We walked by the Globe Theatre today. I was pretty excited to see it. Othello is playing there now and I've already seen it, so I won't see a play there, but it's a cool thing to see.

We walked past Southwark Cathedral and there was an organ playing, so we walked in and heard him play. It was a neat cathedral, but it turns out we went in the wrong door and we weren't supposed to be in there taking pictures, but nontheless, we were there and thus have pictures. This is a bunch of the group chillin' while we waited for everyone else so we could leave.

The best part of my day was eating the BEST gelato of my life. It was hazelnut and it tasted so great. I love gelato.

No comments: