Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Monday in Oxford

Our train ride was only 1 hour today!! We went to Blenheim Palace. We couldn’t take pictures inside, so we all sketched a lot. I actually really liked this because I had to practice sketching and I had to do it really fast. I also got to try cream tea. I don’t know what this sounds like to you, but I was expecting something totally different. I was told it was a scone. I pictured a warm deep fried pastry, but it was more like a biscuit and you put clotted cream and jam on it. It was really good, just not what I was expecting. Once again, the gardens were beautiful. Lindsey, Chelsea, Cassie, Kaari, and Chance walked through them taking random pictures all over the place. We had such a great time. One of the gardens was called the Secret Garden. It was beautiful! There were so many cool plants and it was just over all gorgeous.

We found a grocery store!! That was the highlight of my trip. I was so excited to see a large store with good food and they had shopping carts and everything. We were so excited that we took pictures! Our only regret is that we didn't find it sooner. It was only a 10 minute walk from our hostel. we could have been eating good food all along! Oh well. I'm glad we found it at all.

No comments: